|Approved||October 1, 2002|
|Revised||September 3, 2014|
|Reviewed||Insert date |
- All College vehicles shall be used solely for College business and travel purposes. The physical plant and criminal justice departments shall have sole use of vehicles assigned to their Departments. Vehicles assigned to the College fleet shall be available for all employees of the College.
- The vehicle must be reserved through the Office of the CFO.
- A college vehicle, if available, should be used in lieu of a personal vehicle for all business trips.
- Divisions desiring to use the vehicles must include in their budgets funds for vehicle use at the annually published IRS Business Standard Mileage Rate.
- Finance will calculate and charge the appropriate department’s budget for actual mileage at the rate indicated in paragraph D above, on a monthly basis.
- When requesting use of the vehicle, the following must be observed:
- The request must be submitted through the Vehicle Request Form.
- An approved list of authorized drivers will be established and maintained by the Office of the Chief Financial Officer and vehicles will be issued only to those individuals whose names are on the authorized list.
- It is the responsibility of the driver to complete a vehicle trip log and remove all trash and personal items from the vehicles before returning them to the College.
- It is the responsibility of the driver to obey all traffic laws including the use of seatbelts for all occupants at all times. Drivers will be responsible for any citations issues, including parking tickets.
- There will be no smoking in any College vehicle.