|Approved||March 5, 2014|
- Blue Ridge Community College Educational Foundation, Inc. exists "to aid, strengthen, and further in every proper and useful way the work and services of Blue Ridge Community College, and to provide broader educational opportunities to its students, staff, faculty, and to the residents of Henderson and Transylvania Counties."
- In fulfilling its purpose, Blue Ridge Community College Educational Foundation, Inc., will identify, cultivate, and solicit private support from individuals and corporations.
- All Blue Ridge Community College personnel who seek private or corporate support in connection with their responsibilities at the College shall observe the following procedures:
- Ensure that the project for which support is requested has the approval of the appropriate Vice President and/or the Blue Ridge Community College Educational Foundation Board.
- Verify with the Blue Ridge Community College Educational Foundation Office that:
- the proposal falls within corporate donor guidelines, or is in harmony with the personal beliefs and interests of the individual donor;
- the proposal does not conflict with others directed to the same source;
- the timing is appropriate and the dollar amount sought is in keeping with the donor's potential and giving history; and
- the proposal is transmitted by the person, or persons, most likely to receive an affirmative response.
- Leave a file copy of the proposal with the Blue Ridge Community College Educational Foundation Office so that the record of contact with that donor or prospect will be complete.
- Forward a copy of the donor's response to the Blue Ridge Community College Educational Foundation so that the record of contact with that person or company will be complete.
- See that all gifts received are properly receipted and recorded in accordance with all statutory and regulatory guidelines, including but not limited to North Carolina General Statutes.
- Provide the Blue Ridge Community College Educational Foundation Office with copies of all acknowledgments, interim reports, or final reports.