|Approved||October 6, 2010|
|Revised||September 4, 2019|
- All information concerning Blue Ridge Community College to be released to the news media or the general public should be cleared through the Office of the President or a designee prior to release of the information.
- The President or a designee is responsible for the preparation and release of news articles to the news media. College personnel desiring the release of information concerning college-related activities or who desire to have feature stories written should submit a request to the Public Relations Officer.
- For information related to personnel files, please see Procedure 2.9.1, Personnel Files.
- All public records requests must be made in writing and specifically list the public records to be inspected. Requests should be specific as to exactly what documents are being requested.
- For information regarding the release of student records or student “directory information,” refer to Procedure 4.23.1 Confidentiality of Student Records.