|Revised||January 8, 2018|
- Employee Service Recognition: Full-time employees are recognized for their full-time tenure at Blue Ridge Community College. Service awards are usually given annually in December for those employees achieving tenure of the following increments: 5 years, 10 years, 15 years, 20 years, 25 years, 30 years, 35 years and 40 years. It is not necessary that tenure be continuous.
Additionally, recognition awards are given to full-time employees who retire with at least five years of service at Blue Ridge Community College
- The College, through funds from the Blue Ridge Community College Educational Foundation, provides the following annual awards for faculty and staff:
- Dr. David W. Sink, Jr., Community Service Award: This award may be given annually in recognition of a Blue Ridge Community College employee (full- time or part-time) who meets the criterion of exceptional service to the community unrelated to their College responsibilities. Nominations are reviewed by a selection committee in conjunction with the Blue Ridge Community College Educational Foundation. A cash award is given to the recipient.
- Dr. Eliza B. Graue Extra Mile Award: One Blue Ridge Community College instructional employee may be recognized annually for making a special effort to help his/her students achieve their goals. The Award is given to a full-time or part-time faculty member (curriculum or continuing education) who has demonstrated outstanding service to students. Nominations are reviewed by a selection committee in conjunction with the Blue Ridge Community College Educational Foundation. A cash award is given to the recipient.
- Dr. and Mrs. William D. Killian Outstanding Teacher Award: Each year, one full-time Blue Ridge Community College faculty member may be recognized for excellence in teaching. This award was established and endowed by former Blue Ridge Community College President Killian and his wife Helen, through Blue Ridge Community College Educational Foundation. Some of the selection criteria include: the ability to lead and motivate students; the ability to understand, relate to, listen to and interact with students; displaying evidence of support for the community college educational mission; displaying innovation in teaching; and showing leadership in instruction among colleagues and peer recognition of excellence in teaching. Nominations must be submitted by College faculty and are reviewed by a committee selected by the Faculty Senate. Selection is by ballot. A cash award is given to the recipient. The recipient will represent the College in the statewide competition.
- Dr. Molly A. Parkhill Staff Person of the Year Award: One Blue Ridge Community College full-time non-instructional employee may be recognized annually for individual achievement and exceptional contributions to the College. Criteria for the award shall parallel that of the NCCCS Staff Person of the Year Award including personal and professional development, service to the College, leadership, initiative, and exceptional performance. The recipient shall be selected by a committee appointed by the College president and will represent the College in the statewide competition. A cash award is given to the recipient.
- Wellness Employee of the Year Award: The College Wellness Committee will select one faculty or staff member for this award who has received the most wellness points throughout the previous calendar year. Wellness points are awarded to employees through participation in college and/or community wellness activities/events and use of college weight room. All wellness activities/events must be approved by the Wellness Committee. A cash award may accompany the Wellness Award.