|Approved||January 8, 2018|
|Revised||September 2, 2020|
The College's faculty members, in partnership with the administration, ensure the overall effectiveness of the educational programs. Additionally, faculty members are involved in the College's decision-making process in the following ways:
- Have primary responsibility for the content, quality and effectiveness of the curriculum.
- Participate in program/division level decisions and activities.
- As faculty members, Deans, Chairs and Coordinators perform the instructional and reporting expectations of faculty.
- Coordinators develop, lead, evaluate, and operate courses within their assigned areas.
- Chairs serve as faculty leaders and faculty members with administrative oversight for the department on a variety of student, faculty, budget, planning, and personnel matters.
- Deans hold the responsibility of Coordinators and Chairs, plus additional administrative oversight which includes the coordination and development of long and short range plans for assigned programs, evaluating and giving feedback to Chairs and Coordinators on instructional performance, and development of initiatives to ensure faculty remain current in their respective disciplines as well as college policy and procedures.
- Participate in College committees based on the President or designee's appointment.
- Participate in advisory body (e.g., President's Council or Faculty Senate), which is designed to provide broad-based participation in the College's planning process, educational and related affairs.