|Approved||October 1, 2002|
- Field Trips − Field trips are considered a very important aid in the communication of knowledge, ideas, and understanding to students. Instructors are encouraged to plan and make use of this teaching aid. The following regulations should be observed:
- Field trips are to be planned in advance with pre-instruction, post-discussion, and evaluation being of prime importance in the planning.
- The industry or business visited should be engaged in practices which demonstrate something related to the subject matter being covered in the course.
- All arrangements are to be made by the instructor.
- Transportation will be arranged by the instructor. Students must bear the cost of transportation.
- When students on a field trip will miss classes taught by other instructors at the College, prior approval is to be obtained from the instructors involved. Instructors may exchange class meeting times to make up hours lost if they so desire.
- An approved Field Trip Form must be submitted through SharePoint and approved by the appropriate dean and the Vice President for Instruction at least three (3) days prior to the field trip.
- Use of Curriculum Area Travel Funds:
- Each curriculum division will be assigned a travel budget for the fiscal year. The Dean is responsible for coordinating and regulating the use of these funds. All requests for use of the funds should be directed to the Dean prior to the planned trip. Requests for travel reimbursement from state funds, which do not have prior approval by the Dean and the Vice President for Instruction, will not be honored.
- For overnight travel, out-of-state travel, or other special action, a Travel Authorization Form must be submitted along with the Field Trip Form.