|Revised||January 9, 2008|
- The President or a designee shall be responsible for all purchasing and contracts for the College within the provisions of appropriate North Carolina General Statutes, the North Carolina Department of Administration Purchase and Contract Division, and State Board of Community College rules. The President is further charged to develop and implement purchasing procedures to ensure the proper expenditure of college funds. Other operational procedures, resources and other purchasing guidelines shall be made a part of the College’s Purchasing Manual, found on the College’s SharePoint intranet.
- No obligation for supplies, equipment, or services for use by the College, for which payment would be made from funds administered by the College, will be permitted without the prior written approval of the President or a designee.
- It is the policy of the Board of Trustees that any discrimination against a person or business on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability (as defined by law), or sexual orientation be prohibited. The College is encouraged to promote equal opportunities for Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUB) to foster a diverse participation in procurement and contracting opportunities at the College. The President shall be responsible for developing and implementing a Historically Underutilized Business Plan.
- Purchasing procedures, rules and regulations are originated by the General Statutes and are outlined in North Carolina Administrative Code, Chapter 5. These policies and procedures must be adhered to when community colleges purchase supplies and equipment regardless of the source of funds.
- It is the policy of the Board of Trustees that ethical practices are followed and that decisions about college business and the use or disposition of college property are to be made solely in terms of the benefits of Blue Ridge Community College.