|Approved||March 7, 2012|
- The State of North Carolina will provide a health insurance plan for full-time employees of the College. This plan is subject to change each year, but current information of the plan in effect will be available from the Director of Human Resources.
- Hospitalization coverage for a full-time employee is fully funded. If an employee wishes dependent coverage, the employee will have to pay the prescribed amount.
- Premiums for employee contributions are paid monthly by authorized payroll deduction. Premium deductions for each month will be deducted one month in advance.
- Coverage effective date is determined by the date of hire. Usually, it is on the first of the month following date of entry on the payroll. If a new hire becomes employed after the middle of the month (typically the fifteenth the effective date of coverage will be the first of the next following month.
- It will be the responsibility of the employee to notify the Director of Human Resources of any changes in coverage to be made such as dependent child coverage beyond age 26 or discharge from military service, separation from marriage, divorce, split-family contract, leave of absence, separation from service of the state, etc.
- Further information concerning enrollment, benefits, cost, filing claims, etc., may be obtained from the Director of Human Resources.