|Revised||November 18, 2019|
Absence – the period of time during which an employee is not at work.
- All employees are required to request and report absences. Absences from work must comply with the College’s policies and procedures.
- Application for Leave – the Application for Leave form is used to request and report the following types of leave:
- Sick Leave
- Multi-day Sick Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Multi-day Vacation Leave
- Unpaid Leave
- Bonus Leave
- Civil Leave
- Community Service Leave
- Faculty Floating Leave
- Graduation Floating Leave
- Requests for the following types of leave must be completed directly with the Office of Human Resources and forms will vary depending on type of leave. See individual leave procedures for additional information.
- Bereavement Leave
- Educational Leave
- Worker’s Comp Leave
- Family and Medical Leave
- Voluntary Shared Leave
- Military Leave
- Approvals of leave are subject to workload and adequate staffing levels of the department, when consistent with legal requirements.
- Whenever possible, leave requests should be submitted at least ten (10) days prior to the beginning leave date.
- Whenever possible, supervisors should respond within five (5) working days to any leave requests.
- Requests for leave are not considered fully approved until they have been approved by the employee’s Vice President.
- The President will approve Application for Leave requests for those employees who report directly to the President. Vice Presidents or Associate Vice Presidents will approve Application for Leave for their respective employees.
- Employees are responsible for ensuring they maintain an adequate leave balance to cover the hours absent. Supervisor approval does not reflect if a leave balance is sufficient to cover the absence.