|Approved||March 11, 2019|
- The Board of Trustees (Board) shall evaluate the performance of the President annually. The evaluation instrument and methodology shall be selected by the Board, but at a minimum, the evaluation shall include the following categories:
- General Administration
- Internal relationships with faculty, staff, students and trustees.
- External relationships with business and industry, the media, governmental bodies and the general public.
- Personal Attributes
- Personnel Administration
- Fiscal and Facilities Administration
- Academic Administration
- Prior to June 30th each year, the Board shall submit, in writing, to the State Board a report of the President’s evaluation with the following information:
- The time period for which the President was evaluated and the date the evaluation was completed;
- Description of the methodology used for the evaluation;
- Certification that the evaluation included a written assessment of the President's performance in each of the categories identified in Section A (1)-(6) herein;
- Certification that the full Board received a copy and discussed the evaluation results and the results were discussed with the President; and
- Certification that the full Board received a copy of and reviewed the President’s contract if the President has a contract;
- A listing of Board members in attendance at the meeting when the president’s evaluation was conducted; and
- Certification that appropriate action has been taken if the President's performance is less than satisfactory in any of the categories identified in the evaluation.
- If the President has a contract, the Board shall note in the meeting minutes that they have reviewed the President’s contract.