|Revised||July 17, 2019|
- Smoking and use of tobacco products is prohibited in all buildings and facilities and on the grounds of the Henderson County Campus, the Transylvania County Campus, and any future College-owned and operated sites. Exceptions are only limited to smoking or the use of tobacco products inside the confines of a motor vehicle on College grounds.
- Each curriculum and continuing education instructor shall explain the College’s tobacco-free policy at the beginning of the term of each class.
- It is the responsibility of each faculty and staff member to enforce the tobacco-free policy. Instructors should use tact and good judgment in dealing with possible violations.
- Complaints or disputes should be brought to the attention of the Vice President who has the most direct responsibility for the possible violators. If satisfactory resolution is not reached, disciplinary action may be taken as outlined in Procedure 22.214.171.124 Discipline and Appeal Procedures for Non-Academic Violations of this Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Proper signage indicating that Blue Ridge Community College is a “Tobacco-free Campus” shall be prominently displayed on College grounds and statements shall be printed in selected flyers and publications to alert visitors of the College’s policy.