|Revised||February 7, 2018|
- External funding to advance the College and its programs may take the form of federal, state, or local grants, corporate funding, or private foundation funding. It shall be the responsibility of each department and the personnel therein to initiate the pursuit of external funding through the General Administration Division with final approval from the President. The initiating department should determine feasibility and appropriate application of any grant request and should provide outlines, plans, rough drafts, and other appropriate materials necessary to produce a final proposal. The Office of Planning, Research and Institutional Effectiveness staff shall assist other College divisions and departments in preparing formal grant applications.
- Prior to any request for external funding, an internal form containing a summary of the grant requirements, grantee obligations, requested funding, project or program scope, and grant administration responsibilities will be prepared by the initiating department and approved by the responsible Vice President, the Chief Financial Officer, the Executive Director of the Blue Ridge Community College Educational Foundation, if applicable, and the President.
- Copies of the complete grant application, including file copies of grants submitted electronically, shall be kept by the Divisions of General Administration and Finance, or Blue Ridge Community College Educational Foundation (BRCCEF) if applicable, who shall be notified immediately upon the successful or unsuccessful award of a grant.
- Upon receipt of the funding or proposals for external funds, it shall be the responsibility of the initiating department to manage the program in close conjunction with the President and the Division of Finance or the Executive Director of the BRCCEF, if applicable.
- It shall be the collective responsibility of the President, the Vice Presidents, the Chief Financial Officer, the Executive Director of the BRCCEF, and the appropriate department to ensure that all applicable federal, state, and local statutes, procedures, regulations, and reporting requirements are met.