|Revised||July 13, 2020|
|Reviewed||June 9, 2020|
Either when directed by the Board of Trustees (Board) or when necessitated by changes to federal and/or state laws and regulations or when otherwise determined necessary due to operational and/or management issues, the President or President's designee shall draft and propose new policies and/or provide amendments to current policies.
- In this document, policies are defined by having a one decimal numbering system (e.g., 1.2) and procedures are designated by having a two decimal numbering system (e.g., 1.2.3). All policies are approved by the Board and procedures are approved by the President.
- Proposed additions, deletions, and modifications to the Policies and Procedures Manual may be initiated in any of the following ways:
- By the Board of Trustees
- By the President or a Vice President
- By a standing committee or ad hoc committee of the College
- By any Blue Ridge Community College employee submitted to his/her Vice President through his/her immediate supervisor and/or dean
- By the Student Government Association as a body or by any student submitted through the SGA
- In order for a proposed policy to be official, the proposed policy must be formally adopted by a majority of the Board members present during an official Board meeting with the Board's action being recorded in the Board's minutes.
- Unless otherwise stated in a specific policy, the President is hereby authorized to develop and implement administrative procedures and rules that are in furtherance and consistent with the Board's policies.