|Revised||November 10, 2003|
All instructors are responsible for maintaining and submitting such records and reports as may be required by the College. All records and reports are to be submitted to the appropriate administrator on or before the date due.
- Membership and Web Attendance Record − Attendance is to be kept by each instructor for each section taught, currently through Web Attendance. Codes for showing student status are listed on the Web Attendance form and are to be used as shown. This form will constitute the official back-up record for FTE reporting and for attendance in the class. The first submission in Web Attendance should be done no later than the day after ten (10) percent of the class meetings have taken place. The final submission of Web Attendance is due within 24 hours after completion of the course.
- Student Grade Reporting − All grades must be entered into Web Advisor at the completion of the course by the due date designated by the Registrar’s Office.
- Grade Report − This report is to be completed on a standard form for each section of each course taught. This report is the official record of the grade assigned. The report is due to the Office for Instruction at the end of the semester.
- Incomplete Grades − Instructions regarding incompletes as outlined in the general Catalog shall be followed by all instructors. The following procedure will aid in the enforcement of this policy:
- During pre-registration advising, the advisor will be responsible for questioning the student concerning any possible incompletes and for advising students that failure to report any incompletes may result in:
- Courses being dropped to create a lighter load, or
- Extra expenses incurred in purchasing texts for courses which cannot be taken due to an unresolved incomplete.
- The instructor assigning the grade of incomplete will assign the date by which the student must complete the course requirements. This date must be set no later than the end of the following semester. A grade of incomplete, which has not been removed before the end of its succeeding semester, automatically becomes a failure. During the semester or no later than the end of the semester, instructors award the proper grade and submit the proper form through SharePoint.
- Two or more incompletes in a semester will result in the student being required to carry a reduced load the following semester. The appropriate Dean must document exceptions to this procedure after consultation with the student's advisor. Students with three or more incompletes may register for the following semester by special permission only.
- Student Dismissal or Student Withdrawal from Class by Instructor − Should it become necessary to drop a student from class a Student Dismissal is to be filed with the appropriate Dean. Instructors should file this as soon as possible after the decision to drop the student is made. It is very important that the final grade and each date of attendance be listed on this form. Students who are absent for more than 10% of the class contact hours prior to the 75% point of the class hours should be withdrawn from the course, and the grade and last date of attendance submitted within three days through Colleague. In exceptional circumstances, such as in the case of illness, an instructor may allow a student to remain in class if in the instructor’s opinion the student has a reasonable chance of completing the course objectives. The instructor should maintain documentation of any communication with the student and/or his/her family.
- Accident Reports − Accidents are reported on a standard form and should be completed on the date of the accident and filed with the Office of Campus Police and Public Safety.