|Approved||October 1, 2002|
- The Vice President for Economic and Workforce Development/Continuing Education (EWD/CE) shall be responsible for approving the establishment and offering of all non-curriculum continuing education classes (except Basic Skills/Literacy, which shall be the responsibility of the Vice President for Instruction) consistent with the mission and role of the North Carolina Community College System. Prior to a course being offered, program directors or coordinators shall be responsible for providing an appropriate course outline and the following course development information.
- Verify the course exists on the North Carolina Community College Combined Course Library (CCL).
- Develop a course description
- Develop course objectives and course outline
- List methods of student evaluation
- Assign recommended course hours
- Have the proposed courses approved by the Vice President for Economic and Workforce/Continuing Education (EWD/CE)
- If the course does not already exist on the CCL, the course must also be approved by the President and submitted to the North Carolina Community College System for review.