|Approved||April 17, 1997|
|Revised||August 31, 2015|
- Faculty will serve as advisors to all students assigned to them. Advisees will be assigned by the Division of Student Services.
- Faculty will arrange their schedule to be on campus and available to advise students during advising days and registration periods.
- Faculty should encourage students to consult with their advisors on all problems concerning their work at the College.
- Faculty should be available during posted office hours to help advisees with problems.
- Faculty will ensure that each advisee understands the required prerequisites and that the advisee is eligible to take the courses they have selected.
- Faculty should help with orientation of new advisees.
- Faculty should suggest that each advisee confer with them as needed.
- Advisors should alert the appropriate counselor in the Division of Student Services if additional help is needed with an advisee.