|Revised||November 10, 2003|
- Helping Hands Development Center, Inc. operates the Child Development Center. The Child Development Center Director is an employee of Helping Hand Development Center, Inc. and not an employee of Blue Ridge Community College.
- The purpose of the Child Development Center at Blue Ridge Community College is to provide an opportunity for practicum experience for college students enrolled in the Early Childhood Associate Degree curricula and to provide quality care for preschool children of students, faculty, staff, and community residents without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation.
- Enrollment of Children
- Requests for childcare are directed to the Center Director by telephone or in person.
- The Center Director gathers required information and children are placed on a waiting list.
- Slots are filled as space becomes available.
- Children of faculty, staff, and students are given priority for one-half of the available slots.
- Scheduling of Students for Work-Based Learning.
- Students are scheduled in the lab center for specific practical work experience.
- Together the curriculum instructor and the Child Care Center Director plan an individualized work experience for each student.