|Approved||October 1, 2002|
The Vice President for Instruction, Deans, and faculty are responsible for providing quality educational programs. The College is engaged in the following activities directed toward that goal:
- Maintaining a comprehensive job position for faculty and instructional support personnel which states specific job requirements. In some cases, this description also lists minimum qualifications for the position.
- Filling each available position with a qualified and capable instructor. This involves effective advertising, screening, interviewing, and selection of personnel to be recommended to the President and Board of Trustees.
- Maintaining a complete personnel file on all instructional employees with documentation of credentials and references in a designated office.
- Requiring an up-to-date course syllabus for each course offered.
- Providing a professional development program which will allow instructional personnel the opportunity to obtain or upgrade skills necessary to insure effectiveness of instruction.
- Provide current textbooks, appropriate equipment, and teaching supplies and materials for each class offered.
- Involving the local community in advisory committee functions for vocational and technical curriculum offered. These committees help to keep the faculty aware of current and future training requirements.
- Encouraging participation and membership in professional organizations.
- Implementing a broad-based program and instructional evaluation system.
- Maintaining current instructional materials in the College Library.