|Revised||June 16, 2015|
- Students who can document their proficiencies in a subject area may request credit by examination in order to accelerate their studies. Examples of documentation include: transcript(s) of similar college-level courses, record of military study, certification or license, written statements from employers regarding training, or directly related work experience.
- The test may be taken only once and a student who has previously registered and withdrawn from or failed the course is not eligible. The testing instructor's decision will be final.
- The following procedure should be used by the student who requests credit by examination:
- The student must be currently enrolled at Blue Ridge Community College.
- The student must enroll in the course and attend class prior to requesting credit by examination.
- The student must confer with his/her advisor and/or instructor regarding the procedure and documentation requirements.
- The student must present proper documentation before permission is granted.
- The student must complete the Application for Credit by Examination with his/her advisor and be tested within the first 15 school days of the semester.
- The student who successfully completes credit by examination will have a grade of “CR” posted to their academic record.
- Tuition charges paid for credit by examination are non-refundable and cannot be carried forward. Federal and/or State financial aid cannot be used to pay for credit by examination courses.