|Revised||February 1, 2017|
- The standard workweek is 40 hours per week (2,080 hours per year).
- The normal administrative operating hours of the College are 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday and 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. on Friday of each week except on holidays, periods of adverse weather, summer schedule, and other emergencies. Some services, classes, and activities may operate on weekends. The President may adjust the administrative operating hours as necessary. Any approved leave, i.e. Vacation Leave on a day(s) with adjusted administrative operating hours, will be charged to the employee based upon a standard eight hour work day (Fall and Spring semesters) or a ten hour work day (Summer Semester).
- Non-instructional employees should follow the work hours described above. When the activities of a department require an alternative schedule to meet work needs, the department head may authorize an alternative schedule. Permanent changes in the work schedule must be approved by the president.
- An hour for lunch will be taken daily. The lunch break should not be used to shorten the workday or be credited for overtime compensation unless expressly approved by the employee’s respective Vice President for a defined period.
- For those employees who may be required to work during a weekend, for record keeping purposes, the official workweek begins Sunday at 12:00 midnight and ends the following Saturday at 11:59 p.m.
- Full-time faculty are responsible for the assigned teaching hours, office hours, time for student advisement, professional development, program development, and committee work. Assigned teaching hours for a distance learning course require on-campus hours equivalent to the course hours in a traditional setting. These hours should be evenly distributed throughout the workweek. Any exceptions require the approval of the appropriate dean. Each semester before the end of the first week of classes, each faculty member must post his/her schedule on the College’s Web site and, if applicable, on the faculty member’s office door for the convenience of students and others.
- Part-time instructors are responsible for the hours or fixed term for which they are contracted and assigned. Instructors being compensated on a per-hour basis who miss classes due to emergency closings of the College and do not make up actual time will have their compensation adjusted accordingly.
- Full-time faculty members are expected to maintain a minimum of one (1) office hour per day. Any exceptions require the approval of the appropriate dean.
- On designated faculty work days, full-time faculty members are required to be present on campus or at a job-related activity approved by the dean, and follow the administrative operating hours in effect for that day.
- The College reserves the right to call upon its personnel to work beyond the normal hours in emergency, urgent, or special situations. Adjustments of working hours and compensation related to emergency closings and disruptive activities will be made as outlined in this Manual.
- Each full-time faculty member is required to participate in the College’s general graduation exercises. All full-time and part-time non-instructional employees will assist with the College’s general and/or other graduation activities. Each College Vice President shall make the graduation exercise assignments for their respective employees. In any of the aforementioned cases, an employee may only be excused from graduation activities with the approval of the President.
- Curriculum faculty members are expected to make arrangements in advance with the Vice President for Instruction or respective dean for any foreseeable absence during their regular assigned instructional duties. Economic and Workforce Development/Continuing Education faculty members are expected to make similar arrangements with the Vice President for Economic and Workforce Development/Continuing Education or the appropriate dean or supervisor. In the event of an emergency, illness, or other unusual circumstances or any change in assigned working hours, all employees are to report the situation to their immediate supervisor as soon as possible.