|Revised||June 7, 2017|
- The President (or designee) or the Director of Marketing and Communications shall review, before distribution, all official publications of Blue Ridge Community College. Such publications include: advertisements, catalogs, brochures, flyers, manuals or handbooks, leaflets, news releases, special reports, newsletters, schedules, posters, displays, multimedia presentations, memos, or mass mailed letters.
- All of these projects must have prior approval of the respective supervisor of the project or program, be coherent in design and presentation, and convey a positive image that supports the mission of the College. (Refer to Sec. 8.1.1[K] Use of Electronic Images regarding use of electronic images of students and visitors).
- G.S. 143-170.1 (as amended) requires that all public documents, other than the ones principally for resale, carry a “(# of copies) of this public document were printed at a cost of $_______ or $ ______ per copy” statement. This figure should include costs of labor and materials, design, typesetting, and printing and binding.
- All college publications and advertisements printed with state or local funds should carry the affirmative action phrase “Blue Ridge Community College is an Equal Opportunity Institution.”
- Employees involved in the creation or production of any official or divisional publications should familiarize themselves with the copyright laws and Blue Ridge Community College Copyright Policy contained in the College’s Technology Policies and Procedures Chapter 8.