|Approved||October 2, 2000|
|Revised||December 7, 2011|
- Blue Ridge Community College is committed to responsible energy and water management in support of our sustainability policy. In order to meet these goals the following guidelines have been established.
- Room temperatures − during operating hours, thermostats will be set and maintained to provide for cooling energy to lower room temperatures to 75-76 degrees Fahrenheit. When heating is used, thermostats shall be set and maintained to raise the room temperature to 68-69 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Portable heaters − the use of portable heaters is prohibited except when room temperatures are below 65 degrees. This will be determined by Director of Facilities.
- Water heaters − temperature will be set at an efficient operating temperature of 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lighting − reduce lighting loads by turning off lights in all rooms not in use or when no classes are in session.
- It is the responsibility of the Director of Facilities or designee to see that these procedures are followed.
- Faculty, staff and students are encouraged to play a role in promoting efficient, reduced energy and water use. The Blue Ridge Community College community will strive to make office space, classrooms or shared spaces more energy and water efficient.